My recent favorite way to eat pineapples is with this Hawaiian BBQ chicken sheet pan meal.I am a lover of pineapples, I even eat it on my pizza! We ended up doing some jasmine rice with it, but honestly cauliflower rice works too! This is also great for meal prep for work or school, I did this for a week at work and it was still great by day 5.
Sheet Pan Meal Ingredients
To make this Hawaiian Chicken sheet pan meal you will need:
- Chicken breasts or boneless skinless chicken thighs (diced into pieces)
- Red onion
- Bell peppers – I used red, orange and green
- Pineapple chunks
- bbq sauce
- white rice
- white sesame seeds
Sheet Pan Meal Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a baking sheet by lining with parchment paper and spraying with avocado oil spray
- Season chicken breast with with whatever season you want, I use this garlic & herbs. Then dice up your chicken into chunks. I take the juice from the pineapples with the bbq sauce and pour it over the chicken to marinate in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Next add your diced bell peppers to a baking pan. Use your hands to coat thoroughly.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes then remove sheet pan and add pineapple chunks before returning to oven for 10-20 more minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Remove sheet pan from oven and squeeze lime juice over sheet pan.
- Serve with cauliflower rice, brown or white rice, it’s your choice. Add cilantro and sesame seeds to garnish.