It’s December 31, 2018, which means it’s time for the 2018 Year in Review with pictures. A year filled of making memories, making friends and enjoying life to the fullest. Here’s a look back on 2017 recap.
- Rang in the New Year with friends, alcohol and games. Which honestly has to be one of the best ways to do it.
- Turned 32 on January 30th.
- Hannah turned 7 on Feb 9th & Mom had her birthday on the 11th.
- Feb 15 is Galentine’s Day and it was spent with a bunch of lovely ladies.
- Mom had her breast cancer surgery on Feb 19. She got it removed and was able to keep her breast.
- Debbie & I go to see Jason Mraz for her birthday – 3rd row! It was breathe taking.
- Heather & I went to see Eli Young Band and were the ONLY ONES who bought a meet & greet. YES!
- We got the kids for Easter Break.
- Krissy & I went on our first bar crawl, which turns into the first of many.
- Hailey turns 14 on April 11.
- Easter Egg Hut in the Park with the kids.
- Frankie, Debbie & I go to see Jimmie’s Chicken Shack in Raleigh!
- We go to our friend’s wedding – so beautiful!
- I run/walk a 5k with my friend Krissy, finish under 45 minutes.
- Hailey graduates 8th grade, I officially have a high schooler. #ImOldNow
- I learned I lost one of my co-workers at my job, he was a really great guy and was a great manager. RIP Anton.
- Jacob turned 5 on the 5th.
- We got the kids on June 11th for summer break.
- We went to the Splash Park & Swimming Pool A LOT!
- Went to the park with the kids 4th of July to fun stuff & fireworks.
- The GHS Class of 2004 decided to do a get together, I haven’t seen most of them since we left HS.
- Took a family trip to the coast, went to the beach, Wilmington, NC to see the battleship and such.
- Our childhood friend was going off to basics for the Army, so we had a farewell party.
- We still went to the pool a lot before summer ended.
- We had A LOT of rain, so sunny days meant spending it with the kids.
- Hailey chopped off all her hair for school. It totally looks perfect on her.
- Started my 2nd year at Elon Campus Dining.
- Heather & I went to a Back to School Bar Crawl.
- Debbie & I went to see Harry & The Potters in Greensboro.
- I went with friends to a Labor Day bar crawl.
- Jr turns 11 years old!
- Had my first Chef’s Table at work – Avocado Toast & it was a hit!
- We went to a Halloween Bar Crawl in Raleigh, NC – had a blast & a hangover.
- I went to my first Globetrotters event at Elon.
- Hailey was in her 1st theatre play. She had 2 parts in the Fairy Tale CSI edition. HILARIOUS!
- We got the kids for Thanksgiving Break.
- Debbie and I went to our 3rd Yule Ball in DC.
- Christmas in the Park with the kids – Got them to sit with Santa.
- Got to spend Christmas break with the kids from the 21st to the 29th & it was great.
What was the most exciting thing you did in 2018?
These are lots of things .hopefully this year will be all good things will happen
Great roundup. Always fun to look back at the highlights of your year!
It sounds like you had a busy year packed with fun and great memories!
Really nice review in pics. Something I should do but to be honest I always forget to take pictures.
Looks like you had an awesome year! The most exciting thing we did last year was enjoying a ride in a convertible during our Las Vegas vacation. Had a blast!
I think this is totally awesome!! that you captured your whole year like this, Definitely a great idea for some wall hanging.
Its nice to be able to recap the prior year. Gives you things to remember and re – enjoy. I think we all should write a few things in a book for each month. Think Im gonna start doing that .
I like the way you did this. I should do something similar for 2021.